- Contributing Artists
- Contribute or Nominate an Artist
- Guidelines & Benefits
More information about becoming a contributing artist or nominate a Featured Artists or Rising Star is available by selecting the appropriate tab.
|Spring 2014||Summer 2014||Fall 2014||Winter 2014|
|Jackie Truty||Michela Verani|
|Trude Spillane||Melody Pierson|
|Rene Aguilar||MariaElena Baca|
|Ed & Martha Biggar||Brenda Branson|
|Carolyn Bray||Jennifer Gastelum|
|Jennifer Gastelum||Linda Gustafsson|
|Steve Rossman||Lori Phillips|
|Louise Shadonix||Louise Shadonix|
|Spring 2013||Summer 2013||Fall 2013||Winter 2013|
|erin l. meharg harris||Michael Marx||Steve Rossman|
|Monique Perry||Linda Stiles Smith||Janice Abarbanel|
|Janet Alexander||Sara Jayne Cole||Rene Aguilar|
|Ed & Martha Biggar||Alex Daini||Jen Bethmann|
|Jennifer Gastelum||Jennifer Gastelum||Melody Pierson|
|Paula Radke||Steve Rossman|
|Steve Rossman||Tes Shea|
|Louise Shadonix||Arli Wolfson|
|Spring 2011||Summer 2011||Fall 2011||Winter 2011|
|Jonna Faulkner||Cindy Pankopf||Carol Douglas||Christi Anderson|
|Glenda Skarie||Jennifer Bethmann||Jeri Keil||Candace Steppes|
|Rene Aguilar||Joy Funnell||Lori Delisle||Jen Bethmann|
|Lori Delisle||Denise Lawn||Joy Funnell||Lori Delisle|
|Geneva Perkins||Stanley & Heather Micallef||Michelle Loon||Melody Pierson|
|Lori Phillips||Dana Lea Peters||Lori Phillips||Steve Rossman|
|Melody Pierson||Steve Rossman||Robin Ragsdale||Louise Shadonix|
|Steve Rossman||Wanaree Tanner||Steve Rossman||Wanaree Tanner|
|Tes Shea||Arli Wolfson||Sheila Schwede||Micheala Veroni|
|Tracy Spurgin||Colleen White|
|Fall 2009||Winter 2009|
|Hadar Jacobson||Alexandra Daini|
|Michela Verani||Vickie Hallmark|
|Lori Delisle||Lori Delisle|
|Lisa Dienst-Thomas||Patricia Evans|
|Patricia Evans||Gail Moriarty|
|Lori Phillips||patsy monk|
|Linda Stiles Smith||Lori Phillips|
|Arli Wolfson||Ann Rosier|
|Linda Stiles Smith|
Become a Contributing Artist or nominate a Featured Artist or Rising Star!
Send your articles, step-by-steps tutorials, tips n tricks by click on the "Submit your article HERE" button or email email@example.com with your name, email, and phone number.
To nominate a Featured Artist or Rising Star:
Send an email with the artists name, reason for nominating, their website or other online destination and state whether you are recommending him or her to be a Featured Artist or Rising Star. Please include your name, email and phone number with your recommendation.Featured Artists are Artists who have accomplished a high level of expertise working with Metal Clay. Rising Stars are Metal Clay Artist who you believe are Shooting Stars in the Metal Clay World.
We’re looking forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions for articles and tutorials. There are a few things you should be know before you submit your proposals.
All contributing artists receive a $25.00 stipend, free half page ad linked to your web address and a certificate with an emblem for your professional or personal use.
Types of articles you maybe interested in submitting:
- Tutorials based on any metal or glass clay
- Mixed media tutorials which includes metal clay
- Art as a business
- Book or product reviews
- Be a guest Blogger
- Make a recommendation
Articles and Proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your artist’s biography and a current photograph of yourself with your article. Please send photos as pdfs, tiffs or jpegs, and include any photo captions or credits if needed. All photographs submitted should be a minimum of 4x6 300 ppi. Include your contact information including mailing address and phone. Only contact information to be included in the article and website will be your website, email and other online destinations.
Metal Clay Today publishing schedule:
Spring Issue: March
Summer Issue: June
Fall Issue: September
Winter Issue: December
Dates for Article Submissions:
Spring Issue: February 1
Summer Issue: May 1
Fall Issue: August 1
Winter Issue: November 1
- There are no limitations on the types and brands of metal clay used.
- Articles should be submitted as Word or Word Perfect documents using a Times New Roman or Arial font, 10 or 12 pt with only one space between sentences. If prepared on a MAC please save as a word document.
- State all materials and sources used within the tutorial at the beginning of your article.
- All photographs should be taken using a landscape (horizontal) format, without altering the position of the camera if possible. Items show up best on a plain light background. Be sure to turn off the auto date on your camera. Do not crop photos. Photo formats should be stand-alone pdfs, tiffs, or jpgs, 300 ppi and a minimum of 4”x 6”.
- When submitting a tutorial, It is vital to connect each photo to the text that describes it. Please number each step and use that number in the name of the corresponding photo.
- A glamour shot of the finished project should be submitted with the article.
- To send your photos, article and bio to Metal Clay Today, we recommend ‘Dropbox’, a free program for file sharing.
- A video or link to a video which demonstrates your technique for inclusion in the article is an option.
We would like to receive your article at least 6 weeks before the magazine comes out. This gives us time for all of the things that happen behind the scenes. We try to stay flexible and will work with you, should you need additional time.
As a contributing artist, you should be aware that our readers are encouraged to use and share any information contained within the magazine. Our subscribers are also reminded to respect your intellectual property and copyrights.
Important Editors Note:
All submissions must be the original intellectual property of the writer. If you submit an article for publication, we assume you are giving us the exclusive rights to publish it. All materials submitted remain your property and may be shared with family, friends and students, however, we request you refrain from publishing it online in any form.
Occassionally, articles, step-by-steps are edited for space or grammar consideration.
We’re hopeful that you will become a part of this ever-growing list of contributing artists. Contact us with your questions, concerns or for specifications regarding submissions, such as length, format, etc.